Copyright © Winged Abode
Design by Dzignine
5.9.06

The downside...

I have tried my hardest to just write my blogs as things occur and I think in doing so I just jot down what stood out in my mind the most. Which unfortunately was all the positive aspects. Now time for the nitty gritty. Thailand is awesome, don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast and truly enjoying myself. But obviously there is something more to the story... and here it is.

The people here are all sooooo nice. They adore farang. But they adore farang money more. I am constantly on my toes because I do not want to be taken, and that makes it a little hard to relax. Of course its not like a constant battle of haggling prices, but i know what the shady one's intentions are. Steer clear... :P

Another drawback is, as we all know, I am not a petite individual. I am big vertically and volumptuous. So unfortunately for me, I have not been able to find any clothes that fit here. Its a very sad situation walking through the mall and seeing the cutest and I mean the cutest clothes on the planet and not being able to buy any of them. My shoe size apparently does not exist, their XL size is equivalent to a US medium. The shirts fit, but barely. So I think I am going to undergo plastic surgery to remove my butt, chest, thighs, toes and one inch of bone from every limb. I will let you know how that goes.

The biggest issue for me right now is my tooth. I am in the worst pain on the planet at the moment because I did not listen to good advice and get my tooth fixed when i was in the states. Now it is just not a filling that I need, but a root canal as well. Plus in the last two nights the wisdom tooth behind the tooth I need fixed, has come out almost entirely. It is a constant gnawing pain that is there every second. I cannot eat very fast or very much.. so this is not necessarily an issue with Thailand, but it sucks so bad.. i had to blog about it.

BUT, I still love it here. Why would I base my opinion of a country based off of a few inconveniences? I wouldn't. So neither should you. That is why I am formally inviting everyone to come and play with me in thailand. It will be worth the 20 hour plane ride and the 12 hour train trip to come to chiang mai in the month of March fo Songkran (google it) the worlds largest water fight!!! Plus you can help ring in the thai new year... of the year 2050! Woohoo! :P

Ok well I am thankfully on my way to the dentist right now to either get som bad-butt drugs, which i can probably just buy at the pharmacy, or to get my tooth taken care of. Either way, I may be out of it for a few days, so do not expect a post from me.

Kisses and Bugs.
Thai-fly
Krystal

P.s. I did the Kick Push Coast dance for you Say-Tay-Rah! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!!!

1 comments:

MOM says:
at: September 5, 2006 at 9:02 PM said...

Sorry to hear about your tooth. Hope you feel better soon. Dont you dare change a hair on your head, an arm leg butt or anything you are perfect! love you ~mom